Perfect for family and kid-friendly too. Most of this recipe can be made ahead of time. Just a half an hour before you’re ready for dinner you can finish off this easy dish. I’ve listed some of my favorites to include, but feel free to use the fish that makes you happy. This recipe will feed 6-8 people.
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet, white onion, chopped
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c. tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 64 oz. vegetable stock
- 1 lb. clams
- 1 lb. mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3/4 lb. salmon with the skin
- Sweat the fennel, garlic, shallots, and onion in the olive oil until tender and translucent.
- Add white wine and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add crushed red peppers, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve, take the fish out of the refrigerator and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the broth up to a boil.
- Add the fish to the broth and simmer for 6-8 minutes.
That’s it! You’re ready to serve. The only thing you need is some crusty bread to sop up all that deliciousness…. and of course a glass of red wine.