Just about every recipe I post on our blog has ease in mind. I want you to be able to have a glass of wine, listen to Goapele or Jill Scott and unwind from your day……..
Easy Chicken and Roasted root Vegetables:
Feeds 4 people
- 2 peeled medium diced parsnips
- 2 peeled medium diced red beets
- 8 small white potatoes
- 1 peeled diced celery root
- 1 (4) pound chicken
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 oz olive oil
- Place all diced vegetables in a roasting pan and toss with the olive oil. Season the veggies with Salt and Pepper
- Season the whole chicken with salt and pepper and place the bird on top of the veggies.
- Place the roasting pan in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour
- After 1 hour- turn the oven to 425- mix veggies with a spoon and cook the chicken for 15 more minutes until golden brown.
- Let the chicken rest for about 7-8 minutes and then cut into pieces.
- Serve with the roasted veggies and the Garlic and sweet onion polenta I made yesterday!
Enjoy your dinner!