After finishing 4 open houses yesterday at
194 Riverside dr #6B
230 Riverside Drive #16B
2025 Broadway #17F
240 East 35th street #5B
……………………………….and the Super Bowl about to begin, I needed to come up with a quick refreshing pasta dish for my 8 month pregnant wife and hungry little baby in mommy’s tummy.
I zipped over to the local fine food store and picked up the following:
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 2 lemons
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 1 pound peeled garlic
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 head of watercress
- 4 ounces of parmesan cheese
- Sea salt, cracked black pepper and a pinch of crushed red peppers
- 1 loaf of sourdough bread
- In a large sauce pot, caramelize the garlic pearls in olive oil
- Add the chicken stock or vegetable stock to the garlic and reduce the broth by 50%
- Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
- Once the pasta is cooked perfectly- add the watercress and chives to the garlic broth and heat until the greens wilt and then add the pasta.
Your simple sauce
- Mix thoroughly and serve pasta bowls. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese, cracked black pepper and serve with crispy hot sourdough bread!
Congrats to the Giants!!!