Feeds 4 people
Ingredients for Soup
- 6 Idaho potatoes- peeled, washed and chopped
- 1 chopped Spanish onion
- 1 cup peeled garlic
- 2 quarts Chicken stock
- 4 oz Heavy Cream
- Fresh Cracked Black pepper to taste
- Sea Salt to taste
- Roast garlic in a 350 degree oven until golden brown and soft
- In a Pot- sauté chopped onions in olive oil until tender and golden brown
- Add chopped Potatoes, Chicken broth and Roasted Garlic
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 45 minutes or until the onions, potatoes and garlic are tender.
- If you have a blender on a stick, then just blend all of the ingredients until they are smooth.
- If no stick blender is around- go nice and slowly and use your counter blender.
Note- do not fill the blender container to full or you will have potato soup all over your kitchen walls.
Once the soup is smooth, add the heavy cream (Bring the cream to a boil first).
Season with salt and pepper and garnish each bowl of soup with a healthy spoonful of pesto….see recipe below:
- 2 1/2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the basil, Parmesan or Romano, and olive oil. Whirl to form a paste.
- Stir in pine nuts; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roasted sourdough bread and a yummy Pinot Noir complete the meal!