From pickling Cucumbers, to Pablanos to Cauliflower to baby purple eggplant, I just love the process, (because it is so easy) and I love watching our family and friends faces when they taste them and just don’t believe that I really did the pickles myself!
Would you expect anything else?
Simple Pickling recipe:
- 1/3 dry white wine
- 1/3 white vinegar
- 1/3 sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red chilies
- 1-2 sliced seeded pablano chilies to give your veggies some heat.
- Bring liquid to a boil
- Add the vegetable you want pickling
- Cook veggies until they are tender, (note- I like my pickles to have a crunch, so I under cook them) Leave the veggies in the pickling liquid and let them steep (just like tea) Once the liquid is cool- place in a container and refrigerate-
- People will be blown away that you made your own pickles.