- Garlic Cloves
- Sage leaves (you can mix it up and use
- Thyme too
- If you use Rosemary, don’t use too much since it’s such a strong herb)
- Salted Butter
- (4 tbsp dependant on how large chicken is; I use one stick for a large chicken)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dispose of gizzards
- Slice garlic cloves lengthwise (keep some whole), rip off sage leaves from stem, slice half of lemon in thin diameter slices and other half in quarters.
- You will need another half to squeeze the juice into the cavity.
- Put chicken in respective size roasting pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over chicken (front, back, inside, behind legs,under skin)
- Put sliced garlic under skin all over chicken and put whole cloves inside of chicken and behind legs
- Put sage leaves under skin all over chicken
- Put sliced lemons under skin all over chicken
- Squeeze half of lemon inside chicken and leave it in the cavity
- Put quarter sized lemons behind legs
- Melt butter completely in microwave
- Pour butter all over chicken and give a good rub
- Feel free to add some more salt
- Start with 375 degrees and work your way up in temperature but do not go above 425.
- Check the directions on the packaging of the chicken because it’s all depending on the size of the chicken
- Baste chicken every half-hour.
- White plastic indicator should pop when ready – should take 1.5 hours to cook depending on size of chicken
Tip: After you’re done eating my delicious chicken, save carcass and boil for excellent chicken broth or soup!
I’ve made delicous chicken dumplings soup with wild rice but make sure to remove all the lemons!