- 1 bacon cut into 1/4" strips
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 head of fennel diced
- 3 Idaho potatoes diced
- 2 cans cooked white beans (of course you can use fresh beans, this will add time. Cook the fresh beans separately in salted water till tender)
- 2 cans sweet corn kernels (it is winter- you might as well go with a consistent canned product)
- 1/2 gallon chicken broth ( you can make it or buy it) Kosher or sea salt and fresh milled Black Pepper.
- Cook bacon in a pot until all of the fat is rendered and the bacon gets golden brown.
- Add onions and fennel to bacon and cook till tender.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn and beans (note- if the beans are canned, rinse with cold water).
- Bring to a boil, season with S & P and serve!
I would serve with a nice Sancerre or Rioja or an Abita Light Beer. Roasted Garlic bread is optional!
If you have any questions, you know where to reach me: Pzweben@elliman.com