Serena Lee, a twitter friend had posted a tweet about her Hazel Nutella Mission Fig Cookies and I started to salivate! I begged and begged her to send me the recipe and she finally did!
Follow Serena on twitter : @nycserena
Hazel Nutella Mission Fig Cookies
By Serena Lee
- 1 1/2 cup sifted organic wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cup organic all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped hazelnuts ( I throw it in the food processor for a few pulses)
- 1 cup dried mission figs stems removed & cut up (I like to use the kitchen shears & slice them vertically into rings so you can see the seeds)
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, pure cane & brown sugar. Gradually add in the vanilla extract, eggs & Nutella. Then slowly add the wheat flour, all-purpose flour, salt & baking soda.
- Fold in the hazelnuts & figs. If the dough is too runny, just add some more flour a tablespoon at a time until dough is workable.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before baking. I usually let them rest overnight in the fridge & the results are perfectly crispy on the outside~soft inside cookies.
- Grease cookie sheets & bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Eat them until they’re all gone :~)