I had open houses all day and told her to get me the following:
- 10 whole Sardines (heads removed)
- 1/4 cup Wondra flour
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- The juice of one lemon
- Sea salt and fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- I would certainly have your fish man filet the sardines for you. Don’t worry about the little “hair like” bones. They will get crunchy and go down easy.
- Season the filets with Sea Salt and Pepper ,then dredge the filets in the wondra flour.
- Place dredged filets into pre-heated sauté pan and sear, skin side down at high heat until the filets get crispy (about 2-3 minutes).
They are getting crispy~
- Flip the filets to the flesh side and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove crispy filets and place on some paper towels.
- In a separate bowl, place watercress, lemon, 4T XVOO, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the cress lightly. It is a delicate green and can bruise easily!
- Place 4-6 filets on a plate and a small amount of the salad tilting on the filets.
- Drizzle a few drops of XVOO around the plate and serve.
They are good for you, delicious and if you are preggo, they are great for the baby’s brain development!