Nectar of the gods~
Sadly both Rain locations are gone, but people still stop me and still crave the Thai Beef Jerky, Crispy Fish and papaya salad.
The though of Rain gets me excited for sweet, salty, spicy, and sour flavors of Thai Cuisine.
Here is a really simple recipe that will wow your friend sand family.
Feeds 4 people-
- 2# pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast cut into strips, lengthwise.
- 5 ounces corn starch
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Bunch cleaned baby bok choy or 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 sliced Vidalia onion
- 3 ounces Olive oil
- Place corn starch in a bowl and add water. Mix with your fingers. You want to have the consistency of a cream sauce. Add 2 T sweet chili sauce to the mixture, plus salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place into the corn starch mixture.
The breast are ready to meet the corn starch slurry!
- In a preheated sauté pan- place the individual chicken pieces into the pan (make sure they have a nice coating of corn starch)
- Cook the chicken on both sides until golden brown.
- In a separate pan- sauté the sliced onion until caramelized and then add the bok choy or sugar snaps to the onions and sauté for about a minute.
- Add the remaining sweet chili sauce to the veggies and serve with your crispy chicken.
Note- I like to toss the crispy chicken into the sweet chili sauce as well!