Here is an easy corn and clam stew for you and your family to enjoy!
Feeds 6 people
- 4 oz olive oil
- 1 sliced Spanish Onion
- 2 diced Pablano Chillis
- 8 ears of corn
- 1# cooks chopped bacon
- 8 oz dry white wine
- 2 quarts water
- 4 oz whole sweet butter
- 30 little neck clams
- 5 diced Idaho potatoes
- Sea salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Sourdough Bread
- Sweat the onion and chiles in olive oil until translucent
- Add wine and reduce the wine by 1/2 of its volume
- Add all of the shucked ears of corn ( these are the inside of the cob after you take the kernels off of them
- Add the two quarts of water and bring to a boil and then simmer for 40 minutes-
- After 40 minutes, strain all of the product out and voila, you have corn broth.
- Now add all of the corn kernels to your broth and cook for 8 minutes.
- In a seperate pot of salted boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender and then cool
- In a seperate pan render your bacon until crispy- remove the bacon and keep the bacon fat in the pan.
- Make sure your little necks are clean of any sand and place in the saute pan with the hot bacon grease and cover the pan until the clams open up ( it should take only a few minutes)
- Once the clams are cooked, add clams and all of the bacon fat, cooked potatoes and your whole butter….
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Garnish the top of your stew with the crisp bacon pieces!
Roasted olive oil soaked Sourdough bread goes great with the stew!!!!!
You can add some cooked pasta to the dish if you want as well!