When customers tell me about the current real estate market, I listen.
78% of the time they are pretty accurate, but the other 22% they are either a bit off, or are talking more in line with the West Palm Beach Market.
6-8 months ago, landlords were giving the store away......free rent, gym memberships, higher end kitchen equipment, lower rents and even paying some or all of the broker's fee.
That was 6-8 months ago....today (for now, it is different). The rental market has tightened up. The price for rentals is creeping up and it is no longer a renter's market. It is starting to be a Land lords market. So, say good-bye to your free equinox membership and say hello to still trying to negotiate hard, but getting far less goodies along with your new apartment!